Friday, December 27, 2013
Alex Beam on WGBH-FM.....
In keeping with the holiday this week, I thought I'd pass along this item about Globe columnist Alex Beam's recent appearance on WGBH-FM's "Boston Public Radio"
There are a few choice quotes from Beam from the segment.
Take a look and give a listen:
The Boston Globe's Alex Beam On Christmas Letters, Snowy Owls And Secondhand Stress
- "If it's a choice between planes going down and these purportedly cute snowy animals, who are actually vicious ... I'm for killing the owls."
- To test airplane engines, engineers throw lightly defrosted frozen chickens into them. "Snowy owls are bigger than that!"
- "The Snowy Owl is the coyote of the air."
- "In the West, they give children a gun and say, 'Come back with ten coyote pelts or you're not getting lunch.'"
- On Jim Braude's phone addiction: "I've sat with you at your cubicle at NECN, while you're bleeping on your phone and your stupid Blackberry ... I'm thinking, 'What a pathetic person this is.'"
- When Jim suggested Beam take callers about secondhand stress: "I don't want to hear from callers."