Friday, December 27, 2013
Alex Beam on WGBH-FM.....
In keeping with the holiday this week, I thought I'd pass along this item about Globe columnist Alex Beam's recent appearance on WGBH-FM's "Boston Public Radio"
There are a few choice quotes from Beam from the segment.
Take a look and give a listen:
The Boston Globe's Alex Beam On Christmas Letters, Snowy Owls And Secondhand Stress
- "If it's a choice between planes going down and these purportedly cute snowy animals, who are actually vicious ... I'm for killing the owls."
- To test airplane engines, engineers throw lightly defrosted frozen chickens into them. "Snowy owls are bigger than that!"
- "The Snowy Owl is the coyote of the air."
- "In the West, they give children a gun and say, 'Come back with ten coyote pelts or you're not getting lunch.'"
- On Jim Braude's phone addiction: "I've sat with you at your cubicle at NECN, while you're bleeping on your phone and your stupid Blackberry ... I'm thinking, 'What a pathetic person this is.'"
- When Jim suggested Beam take callers about secondhand stress: "I don't want to hear from callers."
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Kiss 108 gets caught in a white lie...?
I don't know if this is a really big deal or not....
But Kiss 108 gets caught in a little white lie talking about Miley Cyrus being backstage, ready to go on, do a sound check, etc...when she was 200 miles away in New York.
Boston Station Lied on Air That No-Show Miley Cyrus Was at Concert
Friday, December 13, 2013
Christopher Lydon back on WBUR...
Not quite in the same capacity and high profile as he was hosting "The Connection", but he now will be hosting a 1 hour show on Thursday nights (with repeats on the weekend.)
After messy split from WBUR, Christopher Lydon returns
Friday, December 06, 2013
The Audience at Symphony Hall learn of the shooting and death of JFK.
While President Kennedy was in Dallas, Symphony Hall was full with concertgoers.
The concert was being broadcast on Boston's public radio outlet WGBH-FM. This is what it sounded like when the audience was informed about the tragic events of that day.
Boston Symphony Audience Learns of the Death of JFK