Friday, July 11, 2008

 

Live from Boston...BusRadio!




Did you know that a company called BusRadio is right here in Needham? ...and that they provide radio for.....er....Buses! School buses that is! (They have a website for parents and schools.)

The Herald had this article recently:

BusRadio gains industry ratings, criticism for pushing ads on kids

I don't know how I feel about this. I like to think that childhood should be a "Ad Free Zone"...but from what I understand...there are radios on most school buses now.

In any event, after reading the article, I couldn't get this childhood song out of my head:

"The wheels on the bus go round and round...."

Comments:
I hadn't heard that there are radios on most school buses. There definitely aren't in my town (Sandwich, MA).

This is a bad, bad idea. I will be raising hell at school committee meetings if Sandwich so much as considers it.
 
**This is a bad, bad idea. I will be raising hell at school committee meetings if Sandwich so much as considers it.**

What if it meant they paid your school district and it allowed you to hire more teachers?
 
It's still a bad idea, but yes, of course that is how they try to sell it.

Fortunately I think most parents are smarter than that. Subject our kids to advertising in order to pay their teachers? Please.
 
**Fortunately I think most parents are smarter than that. **

Smarter than what...?

Look how far Whittle went with his ChannelOne idea.

**Subject our kids to advertising in order to pay their teachers? Please.**

1.) They already do that....

2.) No, to pay MORE teachers. More teachers than you can afford thru taxes.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?