Friday, January 18, 2008

 

Geffner leaves Sox for Marlins


Red Sox radio broadcaster Glenn Geffner is leaving the 2007 World
Champions to become the number two radio announcer for the
Florida Marlins
. Geffner, a Florida native who was brought aboard by Sox bigwig Larry Lucchino,
has drawn criticism from listeners and such blogs as 38cliches.com for various reasons (among them
talking too fast and too much). Geffner did have some nice home run/game
winning hit moments, though.

The Red Sox radio team will now be Joe Castiglione and a full-time Dave O'Brien.

Comments:
Thanks for the link

lc
 
Whew! I'm sure Glenn's a great guy, at least he comes across that way on the radio, and I sure wish him the absolute best working for the Marlins. But I certainly won't miss him in the Sox radio booth. He seemed pretty knowledgeable, but, c'mon...reading all those stats got to be a real drag night after night!
 
I am a HUGE fan of the Pats and I got to get to the Super Bowl. Does anyone know where to get the cheapest tickets? I was on Stubhub - and they are way too expensive...I found tix on a charity auction site that is selling them for a pretty good price so far http://www.charityfolks.com/cfauctions/auction_verticalngo.asp?slrid=612. I heard that if you buy from these guys you can deduct the tickets from your taxes…anybody know anywhere else to get tickets (and tax deductible preferably!!)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?